One of the most important decisions is choosing a doctor for all your child’s needs and I wanted to highlight a great new full service clinic. I am hearing more and more that pediatrician offices are closed practices and I am happy to say this clinic is not (at least not yet).
There are four paediatricians two of which work at Sick Kids as Emergency doctors
Breast feeding specialist and lactation consultant
Nutritionist (my kid could use this)
Great features about the clinic:
- What I love most about this clinic is that you can book an appointment via email or email them with questions/concerns etc – honestly this is BRILLIANT!!! Nothing more annoying than a busy signal over and over and over again (grrrrr).
- Their website is a great source for parents with babies, as they have a lot of information about baby care based on age.
- You can check the hours of your pediatrician that week and who is on call over the weekend
- They close at 6:00pm (most pediatrician offices close at 5:00pm SHARP and stop answering calls at 4:30pm)
- On their website there are virtual handouts with information on asthma, ADD/ADHD, common infections, skin problems etc
- Open on the weekends
Exciting Opportunity for Babylish Advice:
I am very excited that Babylish Advice is teaming up with Dr. Dina Kulik. She is one of the amazing pediatricians at this clinic and as well an ER doctor at Sick Kids. She will be doing guest posts about popular topics (cold/flu prevention, viruses and hopefully she will do a post about being Dr. Mom – I always wondered how they do it). She has been so wonderful helping me with my newborn issues and my older son issues … being a terrible 2! LOL!
I am hoping in the coming months to launch an “ask a pediatrician” FB chat on the Babylish Advice page so stay tuned!
For more information, click here to check out their website