1. Let Baby Play for iPad: at one point I thought I deleted all my apps off my iPad and got so upset because for the life of me, I couldn’t find this app again and I knew how much my son loved th s one, but I FOUND IT and wanted to share. It isnt a game or music, it is basically just an app that teaches little one’s cause and effect. It is a pretty outdoor animated scene and when your little one touches one the flowers, it spins and makes a fun noise; when they touch the sun it spins, when they touch an apple it falls off the tree and more. This one is fun and easy!
2. Peekaboo Barn for iPad and iPhone: this is a great app for the little guys who are learning their animals and the sounds they make. Everytime they touch the barn, the doors open and a new animal is there. The animal makes its sound, is named and then the barn door closes for the next animal to appear. This is an easy one for learning! There is a lite version with only two animals or the full version is $1.99
3. Dr. Seuss Band for iPad and iPhone: a fun musical app. Push the trumpet buttons (which can change as often as you want them to) to make your own music and change the different parts of the trumpet in order to change the pitch. It is currently on special where they are offering it FREE for both devices
4. Phone4Kids for iPad or iPhone: Now this is a fun app for the younger toddlers and older toddlers! It is sorta like a large iphone with fun mini kid apps like weather where you throw snowballs in winter and grow flowers in spring, ABCs where you touch the screen and letters appear, and a doodle board that is just fun. My two favorite parts of this app, the kids can actually sms (by actually i mean they can type a message and send it and it shows up on the screen) and there is a phone pad to dial which you can make into a fun dial pad or a real looking dial pad) – HIGHLY recommend! FREE
5. Toddler Jukebox: All your kids favorite songs in one spot. You can even turn on the song and turn off the ipad and it will still play
6. Peek-a-Zoo: Our kids learn the basic animals like horse, sheep, cow etc but this app introduces them to all the exoctic animals that are found in the zoo. The animals are hiding and when you tap the page they appear and make their “sound” and then they are named. Great learning app! $1.99 or you can get the lite version for free (you only get 3 or 4 animals)
7. PeekabooPets: My son was always a huge fan of the Playskool Busy Poppin Toys and my friend found an app this exactly like this toy but WAY more fun!! In order to get the animal to pop up, you need to hit/slide/move up or down the buttons.
8. Peek-a-Zoo HD (by duck duck moose): An app really for the older ones, my son just likes the first page where the animals introduce themselves (yes the animals talk). The next pages have prompts to “find the animal sticking out its tongue” or “find the animal that is crying”
9. My First Words – Flashcards (by alligator apps): Choose your theme ie. actions, animals, baby things, feelings, food etc and a card pops up with an image and a voice tells you what the image is. Frankie has tried repeating the word which is why I love this app so much.
10. Virtuoso Piano for iPad and iPhone: your iPad or iPhone becomes a piano … need I say more!
For more great apps, check out my blog post http://babylishadvice.com/?cat=9 If you have any awesome apps that your kids like, feel free to post them below in the comment section
Make sure to ‘Like’ my blog and signup for my newsletter