Would children view this as exercise .. NO!!!! Let me tell you, those kids are coming off the tramponlie’s completely red faced and out of breathe from all the running and jumping – this is actual exercise and my husband will attest to that!!!!
BEST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t even begin to explain how A-MAZING Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park is, but I am going to in a very lengthy post because this is one place that everyone (yes adults included) must experience at least once. Make sure to read through the whole post because there are so many different things this place has to offer!!! Being pregnant I was pretty sure that I shouldn’t go on and let me tell you there was pure jealousy going on – this kind of stuff is right up my alley!!!
For real .. what isn’t there is really the question!!!
First off every court has angled walls that you can jump off of. All those who have dreams of being Spider-Man, your dream might just come true here
There are 3 or 4 trampoline courts and then one MASSIVE court
There is a large foam pit which have about 5 individual trampolines in front of the pit to run/jump/flip off of and land softly (and sink) – I saw some pretty cool flips!!! Frankie on the other hand clearly didn’t get the concept, he jumped on the trampoline and then crawled into the pit
Obviously we didn’t try it, but there are two trampoline basketball courts where you jump/flip (whatever your heart desires) down the trampoline and then do a slam dunk. There are two heights, one for the younger(ish) kids or smaller adults (lol) and one for the adults or taller kids
For the dodgeball players out there, they have regular courts that are all set up for dodgeball games. The staff here were all soooo nice and opened up one of the courts just for my husband and Frankie to jump by themselves.
There are three large party rooms each equipped with a tv and metal picnic tables for birthdays
Here’s How it Works:
- You buy a pass/ticket online at www.skyzone.com/toronto OR http://www.skyzone.com/mississauga for either jumping for half an hour or an hour. Yes you can walk in, however, I do not recommend it as they only sell 100 spots in order to keep the facility safe and if those are all sold when you come in you have to wait to jump (if you have a little one that to me just sounds like a disaster! Picture waiving candy in front of your child and then telling him/her they cant have it – YIKES!)
- When you go into the facility, you have to sign a waver. Read through it to make sure you are comfortable with everything. Then, you (the jumper) get a pair of what looks to be “moon” shoes (don’t worry footphobics, they are very clean) … little one’s just go bare foot.
- You go to the assigned court and a referee type person explains the rules of the trampoline and then you are off to jump free!
Some of the Rules:
Try explaining to a two year old the rules (it makes me laugh just thinking about it) – it’s really up to you the parent to try to explain in toddler terms what to do and not to do (this is not an easy task)
- As you can see from the the pictures, the courts are separated into squares and only one person can jump in a square at a time (really smart to avoid collisions). On the busier days, like weekends, there are certain number of spaces/squares that adults must keep from kids and larger kids from smaller kids, again to avoid collisions which any adult can appreciate. However, if you have a smaller child who especially is shy and wants to stick near their parent, that is a no no so maybe it is better at that point to stay on the side lines and watch.
- The blue pad partition’s are not there to sit and hang out on, a parent can stand on it to help steer their little one in the right direction but that’s really it.
What they Offer Besides Plain ol’ JUMPIN’:
- Skyrobics: If I wasn’t pregnant I would have been reviewing this because this sounds A-MAZING!!!!
- Toddler Time: Tuesday and Thursday mornings, there are toddler times which is great
- Dodgeball Leagues
- Private parties: you can rent out courts for adult or kids parties
Here’s how it ends:
THANK YOU to all our wonderful friends at Sky Zone, they are giving away 1 pass for 1 hour of FREE jumping to two of my lucky readers!!! Here’s how to enter:
For more information on Sky Zone: prices, locations etc visit www.skyzone.com/toronto or www.skyzone.com/mississauga