Gone are the days of the traditional “nuclear” family and we welcome the “modern” family comprised of two moms or two dads, single moms or single dads, half siblings, step siblings, adopted siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents … did I miss anything?
My dad has always told me that “family is everything” and he is right! Every day I am reminded of how lucky I am to have the family I have: my husband and two little (crazy) boys, my mom, my dad, my sister, her husband, her two kids, my brother, his wife, their two kids (our littlest one’s were born one day apart – we were in the hospital together) and that’s just my side of the family. My husband comes from a family of 4 kids and his siblings all have kids. In this large family of mine, each person is uniquely quirky and I love every single one of those quirks.
Want to know how quirky other families are and have a good laugh? Check out this new Netflix series Grace and Frankie staring Jane Fonda, Martin Sheen, Lily Tomlin and Sam Waterston. What a fabulous show, give it a shot you will not be disappointed.
Here are some titles for the little kids
1. Curious George
3. Lily’s Driftwood Bay
4. Pound Puppies: “The Yipper Caper”
5. Veggie Tales: “Pa Grape’s Son / Larry’s Cardboard Thumb”
6. Baby Jake (this is a new one for us, my little guy loves watch baby Jake)
Some titles for the big kids
1. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman
2. Mr. Peabody & Sherman
3. Despicable Me (a fan fave – love how family is tied to this movie)
4. Kung Fu Panda
5. Full House (an oldie but a goodie – love rewatching these episodes)
6. Yours Mine and Ours
Titles for the teens and adults
What are your favourite Netflix family shows?
Sit back and enjoy time with your loved one’s