Simply put, all the over-the-counter Eczema creams suck (until now at least)!
Ok you may beg to differ (and you are entitled), but when my older son was a baby, he had eczema on his arms, belly and legs to which I was told to try an oatmeal bath … didn’t work. I tried over the counter eczema creams … didn’t work. I then was told to try a specific over the counter cream that had some cortisone in it … barely worked. I was told to try oil baths … it helped, but didn’t clear it up. I then had to go to the last resort which was a prescription cortisone cream which helped clear it up, but with a babies new sensitive skin, I was not too happy about putting such a strong medication all over him especially when they told me that he couldn’t ingest it. Ok no problem, but all I could think about was him scratching/rubbing it and then sucking his hands (eek).
Years later my favourite line of baby products, Live Clean Baby, came out with a Eczema cream. To be honest, even though I love this line, I was still really skeptical about it, but I figured I would give it a fair shot since they could really do no wrong in my eyes.
The test: My littlest guy had little patches of eczema on his arms which I never really did anything about since it didn’t bother him, but I figured why not. I applied it twice that day and I swear to you, the next day it was much better!!! The redness went down and didn’t seem as dry so I stuck with it and kept applying it and needless to say, it’s gone. To make sure I wasn’t completely making it up, I told a friend of mine (who’s son has eczema) about it and she went out and bought it and reported back that it did in fact work … see i’m not crazy (sometimes) 😉
So let me introduce to you their new baby Live Clean Baby Colloidal Oatmeal Eczema Cream
What I love about Live Clean Colloidal Oatmeal Eczema Cream
– All natural, plant derived ingredients with certified Organic Botanicals
– Ingredients: Colloidal Oatmeal, Oat Kernal Extract and Oat Oil, Aloe Vera and Chamomile
– What is Colloidal: it is finely ground oats that when mixed with water disperses itself as opposed to sinking to the bottom
– All the ingredients above helps with inflammation, dry, itchy, cracked skin
– This product has the highest percentage of Colloidal Oatmeal in any cream (2%)
– It does not have a fragrance though it still smells so clean and good
– Free of petroleum, paraben, silicone, phthalates, dyes and phosphates
– Inexpensive for the great job it does at $6.99
Where to Buy: Well.ca, Walmart and Rexall
If your little one is suffering from Eczema, give this product a try!!!
Have you tried it? Let me know what you think
Disclaimer: Live Clean provided me with the product to test for review. All opinions are my own