These days I find that I am having one way conversations with my kids, I am talking and nobody is listening. They either are running around the house hyper as can be, fighting with each other over g-d knows what or they have their heads dug into some tech device.
I have found that I can teach my kids a thousand lessons, but truly they couldn’t care less or they just tune me out, but if their favorite Netflix show teaches them the same lesson they somehow find it very interesting and repeat it to me as if I haven’t previously said the same thing!!!!
Looking for some show recommendations?
- The Hive – teaching you about sibling rivalry
2. Veggietales: in the house – teaching about responsibility
3. Puffin Rock – following the rules
4. The Adventures of Puss in Boots – teach about self-love
5. Project MC2 – all about teamwork
6. Fuller House – Peer Pressure
7. The Fosters – Actions have Consequences
8. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – Self-Improvement
9. Glee – Body Image (one of my most favorite shows)
If your kids aren’t listening to you, try tackling some real life issues with some of these Netflix shows and see if that works for you.